Stepping Out for Seniors
During the first two weeks of June 2023, individuals and teams from all ‘walks of life’ will come together in support of the Life Enrichment Center’s programs and services that make a big impact for seniors in our community. Get involved today!
Feel free to join us at the Center for our kick-off walk on Thursday, June 1st at 10:30 AM, followed by lunch at noon.
Rain or Shine!
Walk because you can! Walk because you can help!
Walking is easy right? So we think, until life gets in the way. The wear and tear of a life well lived and the passage of time can slow us to a halt later in life. Don’t take for granted the simple pleasure of taking a walk. Exercise is the best medicine and the closest thing we have to the fountain of youth!
Walk while you can and walk for a cause. Help raise money to support your local senior center and enrich the lives of older adults.
How to Participate
1) Registration is $30 per participant, special high school rate $10. Register any one of three ways: online with credit or checking info, print a form and mail it to the Center, or stop by the Center to register in-person.
2) Once you register for the walk, encourage others to support this event by making donations. Share our LINK: http://weblink.donorperfect.com/TheLifeEnrichmentCenteratOysterBay/2023Walkathon
3) Go the extra mile… You can show your passion and purpose to others by creating a personal or team Walk-a-thon page right from the online Registration form. Share your page with friends, family, and coworkers who can sponsor you, or invite them to register as a walker and fundraise alongside you. Click here for detailed instructions. We are happy to help you personalize your page, adding a photo or logo and a message of why the Center is important to you.
Any questions? Call the Center at 516-922-1770 for help.
Not Walking? You Can Still Help!
Don’t have the time to participate in this event? We’ll do the walking for you! You can still show your passion for the Center by clicking below and making a tax deductible donation.
If you have a PayPal account, you can donate through PayPal’s Giving Fund and 100% of your donation will go the Center – no processing fees!
Become an Event Sponsor
Your sponsorship will help us raise vital funds to support area seniors. As an event sponsor your support will have an impact in your local community. Event sponsors also gain exposure and recognition.
Event sponsors will receive recognition on event materials, the Center’s website, our newsletter, and social media. Sponsorships also include free registration(s) for the event.
Additional Fun Things!
1. Your registration includes a canvas Life Enrichment Center tote bag.
2. If you take any beautiful pictures during your walks, and can post them on social media, or email them to AnnGlynn@Lecob.org and we will share them for you.
3. Set personal goals of steps or miles walked, or number of places visited. Share them on your personalized walk page, or ask us to help you update your page.
4. Walk alone or form a team. Walk in your own neighborhood, or explore nearby hikes. If you would like to take part in a walking group for this event, contact the Center to sign up for one of our small group walks.
5. Need ideas of where to walk? Click the buttons below.